Header

Image Map

Thursday, May 2, 2013

#142

Day 2, Thursday: Educate us on something you know a lot about or are good at. Take any approach you'd like (serious and educational or funny and sarcastic)

After completing this...


Dress: SaraMontana's Original // Shoes: Josie's

... the one thing I think I am good at is "winging it". First off, I have never created another garment, I didn't use a pattern, and my sister doesn't live near me, so constant fittings did not happen. I was asked about this time last year to create Josie's senior prom dress, and being the sweet, sweet sister that I am, of course I said yes. I worked off and on for about 3 months or so. She did give me an idea of what she wanted, but left most of the decision making up to me. I taught myself to sew about 2 years ago and have just been working it out ever since. I enjoyed learning different process and teaching myself by doing has taught me patience, hard work, and patience. Did I say patience?
I think "winging it" has become one of my better qualities, some may prefer to have a plan, but "winging it" has caused me to think on my feet, make a quick decision, and not be easily influenced. All good qualities if you asked me... Yes, I may not have taught you anything specific in this post, but I think that we can all say that "winging it" surely has it's place in this world. Later Gators, Montana

Are you linking up for  #BlogEveryDayInMay ? 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...