Header

Image Map

Thursday, December 6, 2012

a vintage kind of Christmas

Currently I just can't get enough of looking at vintage Christmas decor. I really want to find some glass Christmas balls that I can start to use year after year. Right now my tree consists of ornaments that have been purchased in the past two years, ones that were cheap, or just matched the overall color scheme of my tree. 
I LOVE the colors in all of the ones below, as I am much more of a blue/green/pink girl than all that red. Red just doesn't go well with all that I already have.  The following Etsy Shops have had the best ones so far, and  I just can't decide if I should buy some over the internet or look around and find some local.
Grandma Gingers Closet
An Unexpected Journey
Market Fresh Vintage
Retro Vintage Bazaar
Antique Glass Christmas Ornaments Occupied Japan vintage
via
Vintage Christmas Ornaments, Shiny Brite Glass Tree Ornaments
via
Set of 12 Vintage Shiny Brite Glass Christmas Ornaments
via
Vintage Small Mercury Glass Christmas Ornaments Multi Color and Styles
via
Handpainted mercury glass Christmas ornaments double indent
via
What are your favorite Christmas decorations? Are you all about new? Do you like the old??
Be sure to go check out all of these Etsy shops. 
I am trying more and more to buy from small businesses, because I have started my own.


Photobucket

4 comments:

Eat To Live said...

I remember most of those from when I was a kid. I should have told my Mom I wanted them. I only have one ornament from when I was little

My-cliffnotes said...

I love all the colors! I like sparkly ornaments and stockings

Tami Pullins said...

What a beautiful collection you have rounded up here. I really love these on an old aluminum Christmas tree!

Thanks so much for including Grandma Ginger's Closet on your blog. We are flattered to be in such good company.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to you and yours.
Tami from Grandma Ginger's Closet

Just Another Shopaholic said...

I love all of those ornaments!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...