Header

Image Map

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Crock-Pot Wednesday

it's back and back with a vengeance   the following are crock-pot recipes that i have tried recently and didn't take the time to post about. i have followed them with a short review about each (good and bad).

3 Packet Pot Roast
this was awful, extremely peppery. i think that it would have been much better had i added a good deal more water, but in the end Millie (Andy's dog) got most of it. i was so disappointed because although roast isn't super expensive, i did feel like it was a waste of money afterwards. 
lowdown: if i decide to make...add more water next time. 

Amanda's Crock-pot Lasagna
this was SO GOOD. and so EASY.  I used hamburger meat, because Andy is not a fan of spicy food, and it turned out perfect. I would say, make sure you drain any meat that you use beforehand, because it can tend to be a little greasy if you don't.
lowdown: this will be made again.

Creamy Crock-Pot Spaghetti
I used ground beef instead of turkey and it turned out delicious. I also cut the recipe in half and used a smaller pot. It worked out great but I should have cooked it a shorter amount of time. I wasn't able to make it home at lunch so the noodles were a little soft by the time I got off work, but the cream cheese makes it so perfect and a little different from your typical spaghetti and tomato sauce.
lowdown: will make again, but probably just cook for half the time.

and on the menu for tomorrow...
Crock-Pot Hamburger Soup
stay tuned for a review.
Photobucket
do any of you have Crock-Pot recipes that you would like to share? This "label" has been my most popular and I would love to include different recipes and perspectives. I am thinking about turning this into a weekly link-up. Would y'all be willing to link up with me? Honest answers please!
Oh yes... btw... I am thinking about doing a giveaway the end of the month... if any of you are interested in giving away an item I would love to hear from you! It would also include a swap for the next month! 

4 comments:

My-cliffnotes said...

Yum!

Amanda said...

SO glad you loved crock-pot lasagna!!! :) :)

Alissa said...

I love using my crock-pot! I've made the first recipe, but used a packet of brown gravy mix instead of the McCormick seasoning - it's SO GOOD. I've made that a few times.

I've also put a roast in with beef broth and dry onion soup mix. Another favorite!

Makaila said...

It's been a minute.. Or 2 weeks since I've busted out the crock pot. That thing is amazing though. I wish I could commit to a link up, but me and commitment are NOT Friends. ;).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...