Header

Image Map

Sunday, May 11, 2014

A Mother's Love



A mother's love I have come to understand is something that you just don't get unless you are a mother. And my mama is and has always been the most perfect example of a mother and the love that only a mother can have. This post is a tribute to her.

I am blessed to have you, I am blessed to have ever even known you, not only as a mother but as a friend, a confidant, a hero, someone to look up to, someone to trust, someone to laugh with (and sometimes at), someone that fixes the wrong in my world, someone who encourages me, who teaches me, who cries with me, and someone who is one of the very best people I know.

Growing up we didn't ever have it all, but we always had you. You have taught and passed on the true meaning of hard work, your love of the land and all it has to offer. I am constantly amazed at all that you do for each one of us. You encourage us to make good decisions without overpowering us. You support my never ending ideas, are always ready to buy something I make, learn something I am learning, or spend your very rare spare time doing something I love. 

You are my heart Mama, I am who I am today because of the person you have let me become. I am who I am because of your encouragement, your brain when mine isn't working just right, and your never ending faith in the good Lord above. I love you more than I could put into words and I am so thankful God paired us up. He sure knows what he is doing. 

Love is patient; love is kind. Love is not jealous; is not proud; is not conceited; does not act foolishly; is not selfish; is not easily provoked to anger; keeps no record of wrongs; takes no pleasure in unrighteousness, but rejoices in the truth; love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, and endures all things. ~I Corinthians 13:4-7


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...