1) I stock up on veggies once a week, this ensures they stay fresh and are much better eaten when you can plan ahead. I always pick up tomatoes, bell peppers, onions, broccoli, lettuce, avocado. Most of these can be turned into any kind of meal, my go-to is usually something with a little spice, or a Mexican flavor.
2) If I have a few meals in mind, I will add to that corn, a frozen gumbo mix, brussel sprouts, carrots, squash and zucchini (if they look good and are in season), etc.
3) I love a good salad, especially for a quick and easy lunch. I am still working on planning out salads to bring from home during the week, but it has become so easy to run to the grocery store and fix a salad from their amazing salad bar. Mine usually includes the darkest greens available, tomatoes, cucumbers, broccoli, carrots, black beans, almonds, dried cranberries, and some type of vinaigrette.
4) I try to always buy the tri-colored pasta that has veggies in it. I am not to sure if this is a full serving of vegetables, but I am starting to like it just as much as regular pasta, and it is particularly good if it is cooked in vegetable broth.
5) Pile your veggies on a pizza, I have learned to enjoy them all on there. Sometimes we saute them before to make sure they are cooked, but you just can't beat the taste of vegetables with tomato sauce.
6) I am a one pot wonder kind of girl. I love to just put different veggies together, saute them with a little oil, and then add some type of starch (lentils, pasta, rice). I always add something
These are just a few of the ways I love to add veggies to everything I am cooking! Easy dinners have always been my go-to and I enjoy cooking even if it is just for me! Making an effort to make a home cooked meal always pays off in the long run! Take care of your body now, it will thank you later!
How do you eat your veggies??